It might be more than just stiff muscles this time.
Shoulder pain can be simple and acute, or they can be complex and chronic.
You shouldn’t take sore shoulders lightly, as they may burden you with long term nagging discomfort and pain if ignored for too long -– especially if you’re the active in sports or outdoor activities.
The most common causes of shoulder pain – which one is yours?
• You have poor psture, plain and simple.
• A frozen shoulder! It reduces your shoulder’s range of movement, or sometimes prevents movement altogether due to chronic scar tissue (adhesions) within the capsule of the shoulder joint. It can be quite painful! This condition can last for as few as 2 weeks or 6 months.
• Your rotator cuff tear might be the cause of your pain. If you’re experiencing pain when trying to comb your hair, tucking your shirt in, or reaching above your head, often felt on the side and front of your upper arm and shoulder, you may have a tear. It can be mild, moderate, or severe.
• Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in America. The symptoms come and go, and it can be mild, moderate, or severe. It mostly gets worse over time.
• A dislocation or a fracture is extremely painful. Get help immediately from the ER!
What problems can a chiropractor help with shoulder pain?
Chiropractors are experts in restoring joint and muscle function. When there’s a shoulder problem that deals with adhesions, pinched nerves, or a decrease in range of motion, the chiropractor will diagnose what is the cause and fix it.
What chiropractors CAN’T do is fix a fractured bone. This you’ll definitely want to visit an ER or orthopedic surgeon for.
What about dislocations? Well, chiropractors can fix this as well, if it’s a simple dislocation. You’ll want to ask if the chiropractor has had experience putting dislocated joints back into place. If not, you’ll want to seek someone who is experienced and can minimize the pain caused by the process.
Most shoulder pain can be treated naturally and effectively if taken care of sooner than later. The shoulder joint is one of those joints in your body you do not want to have chronically bothering you. You may have heard that “once you get a shoulder injury, it’s never really the same again..” It’s true. Protect it and rehab it!
Think you’ve got a shoulder injury chiropractic can help with? Feel free to consult with our doctor at no cost. Fill out the form below for a free consultation.