What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is one of the largest primary care professions in Orange Park, Florida and in many states in the U.S. as well as in other parts of the world. It is a hands-on discipline that concentrates on disorders of the musculoskeletal and the nervous system, and their effects on the patient’s general health.
People who complain of pain in their back, neck, joints in the arms or legs and headaches often seek a chiropractic clinic as their first line of treatment. There have been various research studies and evidences that prove how chiropractic care has helped relieve problems related to the musculoskeletal system.
Chiropractic is a non-invasive hands-on health care discipline that uses spinal adjustments to correct misalignments so that the nervous system can be restored in its proper condition. It is a natural method and uses no drugs or surgery in its treatment plans.
Chiropractors or chiropractic physicians who are Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) perform the hands-on drug-free approach that includes examination of patient, as well as diagnosis and treatment. DCs are trained on various methods of chiropractic treatment and care including massage therapy. They have broad diagnostic skills and part of their education and training is to recommend the appropriate therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises as well as nutritional dietary and lifestyle counseling and other natural methods that promote health.
Once a patient goes to the chiropractor, he undergoes assessment through clinical examination and laboratory testing such as diagnostic imaging and other interventions to determine the proper treatment. When the chiropractic physician feels that chiropractic care is not suitable for a patient’s condition, he or she refers the patient to the appropriate health care provider. Sometimes, conventional physicians and chiropractors may work hand in hand in a patient’s treatment.
Why Most People Avail of Chiropractic Treatment and Care in Orange Park, FL
Most people go to a chiropractor for treatment of acute low back pain, neck pain, headaches, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and other illnesses, diseases and disorders that respond to the moderate pressure performed by chiropractors.
However, many of those who avail of a regular chiropractic care already know the benefits of chiropractic care and massage therapy can give. Here are the top benefits of chiropractic care that can help improve one’s life:
- Stress relief. Stress is one of the causes of many illnesses and it happens when the nervous system gets out of line and the entire musculoskeletal system is not in its right position. When a person is mentally and physically stressed, there is a need to balance again the body’s nervous system as well as the entire muscular and skeletal systems to put them in the proper position. Once a chiropractor attends to the problem, and an adjustment has been done, the patient finds himself more equipped to manage stress.
- Improvement of posture. Many people who sit for long periods of time due to the nature of their job or for other reasons, end up with a deterioration of their body posture as their spine becomes inactive and the vertebrae starts misaligning. Chiropractic adjustments help align the tilting and curves in the spine to improve one’s posture. The issue is usually the curve of the neck because people who constantly sit in front of a computer screen, slouch or are fond of poor posture habits develop neck issues that result in bad posture. A regular chiropractic care can help improve posture so that he or she can stand taller and stronger again.
- Improve one’s mood. A chiropractic adjustment can help balance the body’s entire system including the body’s chemistry. People who suffer from irritability, mood swings, depression, and other chemical imbalances can benefit from chiropractic care. A regular chiropractic program can help improve one’s moods and even some of those with ADHD have been amazed by the improvements and benefits that they have gained with regular adjustments.
- Enhancement of immune system. A chiropractic adjustment can help remove subluxations that prevent your nervous system to function properly. It is the nervous system that takes charge of communication including sending and receiving messages to and from the immune system. It is essential to keep the nervous system working properly to enhance the immune system so that the patient is constantly protected from illnesses as well as easily recover from them..
- Sleep improvement. Sleep related issues are common. Many people couldn’t sleep right away and properly due to stress, body aches and pains. Chiropractic care and treatment can help a person sleep and rest properly by eliminating the root cause of the problem.
- Relief from pain due to illnesses, diseases or disorders. Among the other benefits of chiropractic care and treatment are the improvement of the following:
|· nerve communication||· posture||· joint discomfort|
|· joint motion & coordination||· leg, knee, foot and ankle pain||· chronic injuries|
|· physical function and performance||· arm, wrist, shoulders or elbow pain||· bursitis and arthritis|
Chiropractic treatment and care can help alleviate the pain in various diseases, illnesses and disorders. Oftentimes, licensed chiropractors help improve spinal and joint function. With regular chiropractic adjustments, patients eventually improve their health as they start engaging in a more active lifestyle.
Chiropractors in Orange Park, FL perform and administer a few physiological therapeutic measures that can help relieve pain and improve their physical well-being. Whether you want to improve your health or you need to see a chiropractor for a certain ailment, the benefits of chiropractic treatment and care are helpful in achieving a healthy, well-adjusted life that you deserve.
Who Needs Orange Park Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic treatment and care is not all about healing or treating specific diseases. Chiropractors locate subluxations and provide spinal adjustments with the hope to relieve pain due to nerve pressure. The goal of chiropractic is to make one’s body become self-healing. Chiropractic methods don’ t include taking medications and having surgery unlike conventional medicine.
Patients who go to chiropractic clinics in Orange Park have various reasons that range from as simple as improving one’s health to as complex as relieving one’s pain due to certain ailments. By enhancing their patients’ health, chiropractors hope to change their lives and make them enjoy a better lifestyle. The technique involves correcting structural problems and maintaining the spine properly.
As such, you will see various types of people of all ages, from various walks of life, and with different professions. Chiropractic care in Orange Park entails attending to newborns as well as toddlers and adults, athletes, students, moms, dads, the aged, and more. They all want to achieve better health and increase their life expression through natural ways.
Also, many of the people who go to a chiropractor experience any of the following symptoms and need spinal nerve interferences and they know that a good chiropractor is their first line of treatment. Here are a few of these symptoms and ailments:
|·Shortness of breath||·Poor circulation in legs||·Wrist, hand, finger numbness||·Gallbladder conditions|
|·Pain in neck, back, knee, etc.||·Bladder problems||·Menstrual problems||·Pain at end of spine|
|·Vision problems||·Sterility/fertility||·Bronchitis||·Hiatal hernia|
|·Asthma||·Stiff neck||·Liver conditions||·Indigestion|
|·Heart conditions||·Urination issues||·Hernias||·Sciatica|
|·Pneumonia, congestion||·Kidney conditions||·Swollen ankles, weak arches||·Leg cramps, cold feet|
The human body is like a machine that needs to have tune-ups every now and then. This is the reason why we all need regular chiropractic check-ups to ensure that everything is in the right condition and prevent or treat illnesses while they are still new or easily manageable.
What are the Common Forms of Chiropractic Therapy?
When the diagnostic test results are released, the chiropractor decides which treatment plans to perform in order to meet his patient’s specific needs. Normally, chiropractic treatment plans involve spinal adjustment techniques which can either be spinal manipulation or spinal mobilization technique.
Spinal manipulation is the most commonly used technique with the high-velocity low-amplitude thrust. The chiropractor applies a controlled force using his hands to a specific joint. Spinal mobilization is considered as a gentle chiropractic technique. It is performed on patients with sensitive conditions such as osteoporosis. Sometimes chiropractors consider a patient’s size, comfort or preference when deciding on utilizing the spinal mobilization technique. While clinicians decide for their patient, sometimes the patient prefers gentle mobilization techniques that don’t involve forceful thrust.
Aside from chiropractic adjustment, chiropractic care includes some physiological therapeutic measures such as the following: heat and ice therapy, exercise, massage therapy, dietary management, ultrasound, diathermy, hydrotherapy, electrical muscle stimulation, traction, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators (TENS), cold laser therapy, infrared radiation, and more.
How to Find a Good Chiropractor in Orange Park, Florida?
In order to find a good chiropractor, the following steps and tips might be handy:
- Conduct a phone interview by asking a few questions about his services and request for an in-office consultation so that you get an idea of the clinic and the techniques they use. Some chiropractor clinics such as the Meridian Integrative Wellness in Orange Park, Florida, offer free consultation to introduce their services and give you a preview of how you will be examined and diagnosed as well as the possible treatment and fees that go with it. By seeing the chiropractor, you will also know if you are comfortable with him.
- Conduct a background research. One quick way to find a Orange Park chiropractor is to ask from friends for recommendation. Find one who had an actual experienced with the chiropractor or chiropractic clinic so that he can give a good overview of their services. However, if you couldn’t find one, then conduct a background research such as checking the DCs education or school and if it is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education.
Research and locate well-known chiropractors or chiropractic clinics such as Meridian Integrative Wellness in Orange Park, FL. Ask their patients about their techniques and if they have been effective in doing the job. Find an experienced chiropractor like Dr. Nhat Nguyen of Meridian Integrative Wellness who can alleviate the pain you feel in your body and help you improve your well-being. His clinics are located in Old Baymeadows Road and on Wells Road in Orange Park, Florida.
Visit Meridian Integrative Wellness by calling for a free consultation.